Agnipath Scheme 2022 is a scheme which is announced by the Union Cabinet for Indian Youth. The Union Government has taken a historical decision for the youth of the country India that can serve in the Indian Armed forces. The scheme has been introduced with the name Agnipath or Agneepath, and the candidates selected under this scheme will be called Agniveers of India.
Table of Content
- Agnipath Scheme 2022 Notification
- What is Agneepath Scheme?
- Agneepath Scheme Details
- Agneepath/Agnipath Scheme objective
- Agnipath Scheme Highlights
- Who is called Agniveer?
- Agneepath Scheme Pros and Cons
- Agneepath Scheme Number of Vacancy
- Agniveer Salary/Agnipath Scheme Salary
- Agneepath Scheme Qualification
- Facts About Agneepath Scheme
Agneepath Scheme 2022 Notification/ Agnipath Scheme Notification
On June 14, 2022, the Union Cabinet of the country India introduced a scheme named Agnipath to offer short-term jobs in the Indian Military. The authority introduced this scheme for recruiting young Indians into the Indian Military for a short tenure of 4 years. These combatants or soldiers will be known as the Agniveers’ and will form a rank in the Indian Military. If you wish to become an Agniveer, you must know what we will discuss in this article.
The article contains all the important information regarding the Agnipath Scheme such as Agneepath Scheme details, Eligibility to apply for the Agnipath Scheme, who is called Agniveer, important facts on Agneepath Scheme, Agneepath Scheme Pros and Cons etc. Read the article till the end and get factual information regarding the Agneepath scheme.
What is Agneepath Scheme 2022?
Agneepath Scheme/ Agnipath Scheme is a scheme introduced by the government of India. The main motive of this scheme is to recruit young candidates of the country India for the Indian Army. Through this Scheme, candidates will be selected by the central government for 4 years period in Indian Armed. As per the Agnipath Scheme, the central government will provide this Agniveers title to 46000 candidates in this year. Agneepath/Agnipath Scheme is a step which is initiated for the staffing of 46000+ Agniveers for Indian Military like the Indian Navy, Indian Army, and Indian Airforce.
This central government Scheme ‘Agnipath’ recruitment scheme is a transformative initiative for the young candidates of the country that will provide a youthful profile to the Indian Armed Forces.
After the completion of the four-year period by the candidates, the Agniveers will go to society as a disciplined, motivated, dynamic, and skilled workforce and can make their career in other sectors per their choices. As they are trained by the best officer of the Indian Military, many doors will be opened to those talented candidates.
The good thing is that both male and female candidates can also serve the Country as Agniveers. Indian Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar said that the women of the country will also be welcomed into the armed forces under this new scheme called the Agnipath. However, the officials, added to this statement that the recruitment of women under the Agnipath scheme will be depended on the needs of the respective services.
Agneepath Scheme 2022 Details
In very short words, the Agnipath or Agneepath Scheme is a recruitment order for Indian youth who aspire to join the Indian Armed Forces. The Agnipath scheme is a recruitment process introduced by the central government for individuals below the rank of officer, with the goal of deploying soldiers, and younger troops on the front lines in which many of whom will be on four-year contracts. It’s a new and historical action or can be understood as a game-changing project that will give a new and young image to the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.
Agneepath/Agnipath Scheme 2022 objective
The main objective of the Agniveer Scheme introduced by the Central Government of India is to give a new and young image to the Indian Military. Apart from this main objective, there are various objectives of the Agnipath board. The below-provided are some of the objectives of the Agneepath Scheme.
- To open a door to the youth of the country who may be keen to serve our Nation in uniform for a short period of time.
- To enhance the youthful profile of the Indian Armed Forces so they can fight best at all times with increased risk-taking ability.
- To provide the Armed Forces courage, ethos, commitment, and teamwork in the youth of the country.
- To make available various abilities and qualities to the youth discipline, dynamism, motivation, and work skills so that can be an asset to the Indian Armed forces.
- To attract talent of youths among the society to effectively adapt, exploit, and use emerging modern technologies.
Do check all about Mechanical Engineering
Agnipath Scheme Highlights/ Agneepath Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Agneepath Scheme/ Agnipath Scheme|
|Conducting Body||Indian Army|
|Service Area||Indian Navy, India Army and Indian Air Force|
|Shortlist candidates are called||Agniveers|
|Service time-span||4 years|
|Official Website||joinindianarmy.nic.in and joinindiannavy.gov.in|
Who is Called Agniveer?
The youth or candidates selected under the Agneepath Scheme will be categorised or branded as Agniveers of India. The Agniveers will also be offered opportunities to get permanent enrolment in the Indian Armed Forces after the completion of 4 years period. Young candidates who are falling in the age group of 17.5 to 23 years and who are in favour of teamwork, patriotism, improvement of physical fitness, and in-built loyalty to the country can apply for the scheme and become Agniveers.
Benefits and Advantages of the Agnipath Scheme
Agniveers would have a variety of career choices following enlisting in the army.
- The Indian Army would have the opportunity to retain some of the Agniveers, and these candidates will be able to serve in Indian Military as permanent soldiers.
- Various corporate industries & large MNCs corporations have expressed interest in hiring retired “Agniveers.”
- Agniveers would be released by the Indian Armed Force at the age of 23, after this, candidates will have a world to explore, they can prepare for any Civil exam and can get a good job for the rest of their lives.
- The scheme known as Agneepath may also be beneficial for Agniveers’ Personal Development. These candidates will be exposed to the disciplined lifestyle of the Indian Armed Forces.
- By serving the Country as Agniveers, they would be able to start a fit & healthy lifestyle and will thank the specialized training which they will receive.
- Agniveers would also benefit the Indian Government to save a great deal of money and can utilize the money on defence force modernisation.
- Soldiers who are released after completing three years of their service would be able to compete in the civilian world with the help of the Indian Army.
Agneepath Scheme/ Agnipath Scheme Pros and Cons
As we have discussed the benefits and advantages of the Agneepath Scheme for Agniveers. Now is the time to know some pros and cons of the scheme because without knowing the cons and pros it is hard to decide on something with a full heart.
|Pros of Agnipath Scheme||Cons of Agnipath Scheme|
|It is the change in the process of recruiting in the Indian Military||Absence of a pilot scheme to evaluate the plan|
|New and special opportunities for youngsters to serve the nation||It will weaken combat spirit, professionalism and military culture|
|Agniveers will be provided with Risk and Hardship allowances along with a customised package||The scheme may lead to a rise in Unemployment|
|Agniveers will get a tempting monthly package which is specially tailored for them||The job is not a secure job as after 4 years, Agniveers will need to search for another job for them|
Agneepath Scheme/ Agnipath Scheme Number of Vacancy/Vacancies Under Agnipath Scheme
Through the Agneepath Scheme around 46,000 soldiers are to be recruited by the central government of India. With this exam, the candidates will be deployed in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. The elaborated vacancy details will be released shortly by the Indian Army. The scheme is for both male and female candidates, however, the recruitment of women under the Agneepath Scheme will be depended on the needs of the respective services.
Do Check IPU CET 2023
Agneepath Scheme Qualification/ Agnipath Scheme Qualification
The minimum education qualification to be an Agniveer for each department has been tabularized below:
|Soldier Technical||Candidates must have passed 10+2/Intermediate exam Non-Matric passed in Science with Chemistry, Physics, Maths and English.|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant||Aspirants must have passed the 10+2/Intermediate exam in Science with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English with a minimum of 50% marks in total and must have minimum of 40% marks in each subject.|
|Soldier General Duty||SSLC/Matric with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. No percentage is required if higher qualification.|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||Aspirants must have passed the 10+2/Intermediate exam in any stream (Arts, Science, Commerce) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and a minimum of 40% mark in each subject.|
|Soldier tradesman- General Duties||Non-matric|
|Soldier tradesman- Specified Duties||Non-matric|
Facts about Agneepath Scheme /Agnipath Scheme
- Candidates who have failed to secure a place in the intelligence agencies will be allowed to join the Army.
- During the 4-year contract service period with the Indian government, Candidates would be able to hire by various corporate companies.
- Young individuals from IITs and other professional fields will soon be able to join the Military, Navy and Air Wing.
- Permanent recruitment of capable youths into The Indian Military is a legitimate possibility that may be investigated.
Agnipath Yojana Age Limit/ Agneepath Yojana Age Limit
Aspirants who are under the age or falling in the age group of 17.5 years to 23 years (revised) and who are in favour of teamwork, patriotism, improvement of physical fitness, and in-built loyalty to the country are suitable to have an advantage of the Agneepath Scheme and can be Agniveer to serve the nation.
What will the salary for Agniveers/Agniveer Salary/Agnipath Scheme Salary?
The salary for Agniveers in their 1st year of job will be around INR 4.76 lakh per annum which will increase to INR 6.92 lakh per annum for the final year. The monthly package offered to the Agniveers of the nation consist the various allowances and funds. Check the below table for Agniveers monthly package, contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund, in-hand salary, and corpus fund by Government of India.
|Agniveers Salary Criteria as per Agnipath/Agneepath Scheme|
|Year||Package (Monthly)||In hand salary (70%)||Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund (30%)||Contribution to corpus |
fund by GoI
|Ist||INR 30000||INR 21000||INR 9000||INR 9000|
|IInd||INR 33000||INR 23100||INR 9900||INR 9900|
|IIIrd||INR 36500||INR 25580||INR 10950||INR 10950|
|IVth||INR 40000||INR 28000||INR 12000||INR 12000|
|Total contribution provided to Agniveer Corpus Fund after four years – INR 5.02 Lakh|
|After the completion of 4 years contract INR 11.71 Lakh (Plus interest and exempt from income tax)as Seva Nidhi will be provided to Agniveers|
How to apply for Agnipath Yojna? Application Process for Agneepath Scheme
Now we have discussed important details and everything you need to know about the Agnipath scheme and we are moving forward to check the application procedure for the Agnipath Scheme. The below provided are important steps by following that you can apply for the Agnipath Scheme. Anyone who is capable to apply for the job should fill out the form; below is the whole procedure.
- To register for Agnipath Program and be Agniveers, first go to Ministry of Defence’s official website, www. mod.gov.in.
- After entering the notification, you will be sent to the main page of the website, where you will see for the Agnipath registration link. The link will be accessible via what’s new section.
- When you find the link for registration, fill the details and now you will be directed to a new page where the application form would appear to you.
- When the application form becomes available, you should start filling it out.
- Now fill out form and enter your authentic details; afterwards submit all of the scanned documents with online application.
- After uploading required documents, you must pay the application fee and then preview the entire application form.
- After checking the filled details in the form, click on submit to have your information saved.
Documents Required for Applying Agnipath Scheme
To apply for the Agnipath Scheme, aspirants must have to upload several crucial documents or identifications before finalising the application form. The authority will not approved any initial application if the papers are not uploaded by the aspirants. Therefore, please follow all the rules prescribed by the authority and to save your application from rejection.
The Important credentials or papers you must upload are listed below.
- Address Specifics
- Driving Licence, Passport, and Scanned signature
- Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, and Pan Card
- Scanned Photograph
With all hopes up, a range of aspirants, have applied to this Scheme and seeks to be Agniveers of the Nation. In this article, we have tried to deliver the facts and information regarding the Agnipath/Agneepath Scheme, and also discussed the detailed notification, Qualification, Salary etc. for Agniveers prescribed under the Agnipath Scheme.
Hopefully, this article on Agnipath Scheme or Agnipath Yojana will help you in collecting adequate information for Central Government Scheme. If you are seeking more detail regarding Agnipath Scheme and other related keep visiting admissiondiscover.com.